Hawle Terms of Warranty for “Hawle potable water products” sold from
The Hawle manufacturer’s warranty for potable water products produced by Hawle is valid for a period of 10 years from the day the Hawle product was purchased by the customer. However, there is a maximum warranty period of 11 years from the date of manufacture of the product by Hawle.
The warranty period is neither extended nor does it begin again after an exchange of the product or of component parts.
The following shall be excluded from the Hawle manufacturer’s warranty:
- Damage caused by normal wear or wilful damage, as well as consumables and wear parts such as filters, gaskets, drill bits, etc.
- Dirt carried in, limescale deposits, operator errors, damage caused by aggressive environmental influences, chemicals, cleaning agents
- Damage caused by force majeure or natural disasters, especially floods or fires
- Product defects caused by storage, assembly or transport
- Minor deviations that do not affect the serviceability of the product
- Damage caused by the deficient product
- Frost damage
- Damage caused by a third party
- Damage caused by operating the product with media other than pure potable water
- Products of water preparation
Moreover, the warranty shall terminate in case of:
- Incorrect assembly, start-up or maintenance
- Failure to perform pressure testing
- Any use other than the intended use
- Installation or application in the field of gas or waste water
- Installation, maintenance or repair carried out by unqualified people
- Noncompliance with the installation and operating instructions or applicable standards and DVGW regulations
- Installation of other spare parts than Hawle original spare parts
Processing of warranty cases:
The rights granted under the Hawle manufacturer’s warranty shall be claimed by submitting to Hawle a written notice of damage within the warranty period. For the purpose of verifying the warranty claim, Hawle may request the product concerned. Hawle will check if the case in question is a warranty case as defined by the Hawle warranty.
The written notice of damage shall be presented within 2 months after the damage is discovered or could have been discovered. The proof that the Hawle manufacturer’s warranty has not expired in the meantime is incumbent on the customer. Such proof may be effected, for example, by presenting the invoice or the bill of delivery.
In case of warranty, Hawle will provide the required spare parts or replacement parts. The Hawle manufacturer’s warranty includes free delivery of the necessary spare parts or replacement parts.
It is at the discretion of Hawle whether the defective part is replaced free of charge by a new product of the same kind, quality and type instead of delivering spare parts. If the product in question is no longer available, Hawle shall be entitled to provide a comparable product.
Besides, Hawle will bear transport and shipping costs up to a reasonable amount. Any costs beyond such reasonable amounts, especially those related with dismantling and installation, re-installation or other measures shall be borne by the customer.
This warranty shall be governed by German law. This does not restrict any claims under warranty.
Subject to alteration - as at 11/2016